The Museum has been successful in obtaining funding to organise and run up to six play-scheme weeks over the summer of 2014.
This will be a mainly outdoor, environmentally based, play scheme exploring the history and wildlife of Skinningrove valley.
We are now seeking to recruit to the positions of Play-scheme Leader & Assistant Leader.
Play-scheme Leader: Monday 14 July to Friday 5 September (8 weeks) 9:30 – 16:00 @ £9.00 per hour
Assistant Leader : Monday 14 July – Friday 29 August (7 weeks) 9:00 – 16:00 @ £7.00 per hour
Plan and oversee a varied programme of games and activities in conjunction with the Education Officer and other colleagues – around 50-60% of the time outside a classroom environment
- Supervise, lead and assist children in activities and games whilst encouraging good behaviour in accordance with the play scheme’s policies
- Assist with serving of refreshments to children
- Take responsibility, along with other staff, for the Health and Safety and smooth running of emergency procedures for both children and other members of staff
- Take responsibility, with other staff members, for following the play scheme’s registration and departure procedures
- To understand and follow the play scheme’s Child Protection Policy
- Assist with the setting out and clearing up of club equipment
- Carry out administrative duties in line with the museum’s agreed procedures
- Carry out any reasonable requests from the Education Officer or Museum Trustees
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
For further information please email Jean Banwell – email@example.com or tel. 01287 642877
Please apply via email to Jean Banwell at firstname.lastname@example.org attaching a CV and letter of application.
Closing date for applications Thursday June 26